From our Newsroom
- Three Signs You Need Home Care Help in Grimsby
- Questions to ask a Home Care agency in Grimsby
- Quality Home Care : Code of Conduct
- Is Grimsby Home Care right for you?
- What is domiciliary care?
- Careers in Domiciliary Care Grimsby
- People who shun caring for relatives with dementia aren’t selfish.
- Training of home care workers in Grimsby
- Market Rasen Home Care : A Case Study
- Stress and domiciliary care in n e lincs
- Living with dementia: A virtual tour
- The best thing about being a care worker in Market Rasen
Action on Hearing Loss (RNID)
Largest charity working to chance the world for the UK’s 9 million deaf and hard of hearing people. Information resource about deafness and hearing loss.
The UK’s largest charity working with and for older people. It has information guides on a wide range of issues.
Works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia. Produces a large number of factsheets on dementia-related topics.
Provides high-quality information and support to empower people to take control of their arthritis.
Care Plus Group
Provides adult health and social care services to people across North East Lincolnshire.
Care Quality Commission
Inspects and reports on care services, care homes and hospitals.
Carelink provides a 24-hour Telecare Response Service which enables users to get help or reassurance ‘at the press of a button’ by having a telecare alarm unit fitted in their home. Carelink operators can call your family, friends, GP, the Emergency Services or other partner agencies to assist you if you need help. Other equipment is available to link to your alarm unit to help you stay living safely at home, giving you and your family peace of mind. Carelink also administers the Carers Emergency Alert Card.
Carers Direct (NHS)
Provides advice, information and support to Carers.
The Carers Trust is the largest provider of comprehensive carers support services in the UK.
Carers UK, a national organisation, supporting Carers by giving them a voice and campaigning for changes that make a difference.
The Cinnamon Trust is the only specialist national charity for people in their last years and their much loved, much needed companion animals. A network of 8,000 volunteers “hold hands” with owners to provide vital loving care for their pets. A national fostering service is provided for pets whose owners face a spell in hospital – volunteers take pets into their own homes and supply love and care in abundance until owner and pet can be reunited.
Dementia Carers can sometimes find it a challenge to stay positive, manage frustrations, take breaks, stay healthy, engage professionals, tell friends and family, cope with changes to their relationships, live well and support their loved one, and get the sleep that is needed. Dementia Carer has been developed to provide useful information and advice to Dementia Carers and has been put together by family members who look after someone who has dementia.
Provides information, help and support for people affected by diabetes.
Disability Rights UK/RADAR
Wide range of information and publications designed to educate and inform disabled people, public sector organisations and the private sector. Operates the National Key Scheme which provides disabled people with independent access to locked public toilets around the country.
Disabled Living Foundation
Provides free, impartial advice about all types of disability equipment and mobility products for older and disabled people, their Carers and families. From stairlifts to walk-in-baths, jar openers to tap turners, bath seats to walking sticks, wheelchairs to scooters, hoists to beds, the DLF can help find disabled equipment solutions that enable people to stay active and independent.
Support, services and activities for families, children and young people in North East Lincolnshire.
focus independent adult social work
Single Point of Access for community health and social care support, advice and information for residents in North East Lincolnshire.
Government website with information on benefits, employment, housing, education, etc. It also has a section for disabled people.
Independent Age provides an information and advice service for older people, their families and carers, focusing on social care, welfare benefits and befriending services.
Macmillan Cancer Support
Provides practical, medical and financial support for people affected by cancer and pushes for better cancer care.
Mental Health Care
Provides information for family members and friends of people with psychosis.
Information, advice, support and services for people with a learning disability and their families and carers.
Mental Health Foundation
Leading UK charity that provides information, carries out research, campaigns and works to improve services for anyone affected by mental health problems.
Provides mental health and associated services in North East Lincolnshire.
North East Lincolnshire Council
Information about services provided by North East Lincolnshire Council.
Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
Information about local hospitals.
Prostate Cancer UK
Provides information and support for people affected by prostate cancer.
Rethink Mental Illness
Works to help everyone affected by severe mental illness reover a better quality of life. Has a good range of factsheets on all issues related to mental illness.
UK’s leading charity offering information, support and advice to over two million people with sign loss.
Supports disabled people and their families, especially those affected by cerebral palsy.
A one-stop directory of adult social care, health care, wellbeing, voluntary and community services and related events and activities available in North East Lincolnshire.
Charity concerned with combating stroke in people of all ages. Provides information about all aspects of strokes.
Young Carers Project
Services and activities for children and young people who look after, or help look after, someone at home who has a long-term illness or disability.
Other Useful links
- Healthwatch North East Lincolnshire – the new independent consumer champion created to gather and represent the views of the public.
- North East Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group – Local CCG website.
- North East Lincolnshire Council – Local Authority North East Lincolnshire.
- Northern Lincolnshire and Goole Hospital – Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital in Grimsby.
- Services4.me.uk – Information on adult social care, health care or other help and support services available to you.
- Care Plus Group – Social enterprise that provides adult health and social care services to people across North East Lincolnshire.
- NAViGO – Social Enterprise that provides health and care services free at point of use to the people of North East Lincolnshire.
- Saying it All – provides information for people with learning disabilities and their carers in North East Lincolnshire.
- NHS Choices – Health website and gives all the information you need to make choices about your health.
- NHS Direct – NHS Direct is here to make a difference to the lives of people in England, 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.
- North East Lincolnshire Carers Support Service – the new carers support service.
- http://www.grimsby.co.uk/ local guide for Grimsby and North East Lincolnshire